From game-time decisions to injuries so significant they affect the value of every single position, let's break down the Fantasy and DFS impact of injuries for every Week 17 matchup. Know when to pivot and how your fantasy roster will be affected.
Below, you'll find a game-by-game look at the injuries you need to know that will have the biggest impact for Fantasy leagues, as well as the implications for DFS players. This week's list of notable names includes quarterbacks Lamar Jackson, Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts; running backs Kenneth Walker, Rhamondre Stevenson and Damien Harris; receivers Tyler Lockett and Chris Olave; tight ends Hayden Hurst and Noah Fant; and many others, including key offensive line and defensive injuries to know.
- QB Colt McCoy (concussion) - Out
- RB James Conner (illness) - Cleared
- WR DeAndre Hopkins (knee) - Questionable
- WR A.J. Green (illness) - Cleared
- C Billy Price (knee) - Cleared
- OG Max Garcia (shoulder) - Cleared
- OT Kelvin Beachum (knee) - Questionable
- DE Zach Allen (hand) - Out
- CB Antonio Hamilton (hip) - Out
- CB Marco Wilson (neck) - Questionable
- G Chuma Edoga (knee) - Out
Colt McCoy was slated to get the start in Week 17 before experiencing more concussion symptoms late in the week. David Blough gets the start with McCoy out. Cardinals receivers DeAndre Hopkins and Marquise Brown suffered with Trace McSorely and Fantasy managers should be cautious. The matchup with Atlanta is run-friendly and the Cardinals will likely lean heavily on James Conner. Greg Dortch was also a major beneficiary in Week 16 with over 20 Fantasy points in PPR. He's a flex option again for Week 17.
Conner is a bit pricy at $7,200 on DraftKings but is a high-upside option this week and worth the price. Dortch is a significant value play priced at just $3K. When healthy and without Rondale Moore, Dortch has been a solid option in full PPR formats. Favor Dortch on DraftKings but he's still a fine value play for FanDuel.
- WR Chase Claypool (knee) - Questionable
- WR Equanimeous St. Brown (concussion) - Cleared
- WR Dante Pettis (ankle) - Questionable
- OG Teven Jenkins (neck) - Cleared
- OG Cody Whitehair (knee) - Cleared
- FB Jason Cabinda (ankle) - Cleared
- C Frank Ragnow (foot) - Questionable
- SS DeShon Elliott (shoulder) - Out
- FS Kerby Joseph (back) - Cleared
The Chicago receiving corps continues to struggle with injuries. Claypool logged multiple limited practices this week so it's possible that he plays. However, it's difficult to trust any Bears receiver even in a fantastic matchup with Detroit. If Claypool does return to action, it could make a dent in Cole Kmet's volume.
Given the matchup, Claypool could be an interesting value play at just $4,500 on DraftKings. But it's a risky move, only possible in tournament play. Claypool has failed to reach double-digit Fantasy points since Week 8.
- QB Trevor Lawrence (toe) - Questionable
- OG Brandon Scherff (abdomen) - Questionable
- DE Foley Fatukasi (ankle) - Questionable
- OLB Travon Walker (ankle) - Questionable
- RB Dare Ogunbowale (knee) - Questionable
- TE Teagan Quitoriano (knee) - Out
- OG Kenyon Green (ankle) - Cleared
- OT Tytus Howard (concussion) - Cleared
Fantasy managers should monitor the Jaguars throughout the weekend as all players are questionable. However, Trevor Lawrence has played through his toe injury and will likely play in Week 17.
There are no major impact injuries for the Texans, although the potential absence of Dare Ogunbowale could make Royce Freeman a very deep league option this week. Freeman is operating as the Texans' lead back. Additional carries against a struggling Jags defense make him a low-end flex option.
Freeman is just $4,600 on DraftKings. He's received the bulk of volume for two straight weeks but has struggled to be productive. Jacksonville is an excellent matchup so Freeman is an option in tournament play if Ogunbowale is out.
- RB Latavius Murray (foot) - Cleared
- WR Courtland Sutton (hamstring) - Cleared
- WR Jerry Jeudy (ankle) - Questionable
- WR Kendall Hinton (hamstring) - Questionable
- TE Greg Dulcich (hamstring) - IR
- OG Quinn Meinerz (ribs) - Cleared
- NT D.J. Jones (knee) - Questionable
- OLB Randy Gregory (knee) - Out
- OLB Baron Browning (back) - Questionable
- CB K'Waun Williams (knee) - Cleared
Sutton is cleared for Week 17, Dulcich is on IR and Fantasy managers need to monitor status for Jeudy throughout the weekend. Jeudy is the higher upside option between the two receivers but if Jeudy is out, Sutton is a WR3/flex option. Murray is cleared for Week 17 but with Chase Edmonds back, it's difficult to trust any Broncos running back. Murray, Edmonds and Marlon Mack are not viable options this week.
While the Broncos will likely play from behind, there's no guarantee they push significant pass volume. Sutton is price-friendly but has failed to exceed 13 Fantasy points in PPR since Week 4. Avoid all Broncos. Chiefs players are risky options if the game gets out of hand.
- QB Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) - Out
- FB Alec Ingold (thumb) - Questionable
- WR River Cracraft (calf) - Questionable
- OT Terron Armstead (toe) - Questionable
- OT Eric Fisher (calf) - Doubtful
- OT Brandon Shell (shoulder) - Cleared
- OLB Bradley Chubb (ankle) - Questionable
- OLB Jaelan Phillips (toe) - Cleared
- CB Xavien Howard (knee) - Questionable
- SS Eric Rowe (quadriceps) - Cleared
- RB Rhamondre Stevenson (ankle) - Questionable
- RB Damien Harris (thigh) - Cleared
- WR DeVante Parker (concussion) - Out
- WR Tyquan Thornton (knee) - Questionable
- TE Hunter Henry (knee) - Questionable
- TE Jonnu Smith (concussion) - Out
- CB Jalen Mills (groin) - Questionable
- CB Jack Jones (knee) - Out
- CB Jonathan Jones (chest) - Questionable
- CB Marcus Jones (concussion) - Out
- SS Adrian Phillips (illness) - Cleared
Tua Tagovailoa suffered another concussion and will miss Week 17, and Teddy Bridgerwater will start. The matchup against New England isn't ideal but Bridgewater is a reliable veteran – Jaylen Waddle and Tyreek Hill are still must-start players.
For the Patriots, Rhamondre Stevenson is still questionable and his status should be monitored throughout the weekend. His backfield counterpart, Damien Harris, is cleared. If Stevenson is unable to suit up, Harris is a low-end RB1. The return of Harris will reduce workload for Stevenson but, if active, he is still a high-end RB2. Stevenson is looking for a bounceback game after a tough Week 16 outing.
The player set to benefit most from this injury report is Jakobi Meyers. Parker and Smith are out while Henry and Thornton questionable. Meyers is coming off a 20-point Week 16 performance and has a favorable matchup, and he's priced at just $5K on DraftKings.
- WR Ashton Dulin (concussion) - Out
- TE Kylen Granson (ankle) - Out
- DE Yannick Ngakoue (throat) - Questionable
- CB Kenny Moore (ankle) - Out
- DE Leonard Williams (neck) - Cleared
- OLB Azeez Ojulari (ankle) - Questionable
- CB Adoree' Jackson (knee) - Doubtful
- FS Xavier McKinney (hand) - Out
Ashton Dulin and Kylen Granson are out for Week 17. Jelani Woods has flashed upside in the past with Granson out and is a deep league streaming option. His upside is limited with Nick Foles at the helm. Woods caught three of his five targets last week for 43 yards. However, given the matchup and the Giants injuries on defense, Woods is worth a desperation heave.
While Woods is a desperation option in season-long leagues, he's a fine punt play at tight end in DFS at just $2,800 on DraftKings. For the Giants, the receiving corps as a whole is strong for value plays. The Colts have been inconsistent against the pass and will be without Kenny Moore on Sunday.
- RB Alvin Kamara (quadriceps) - Cleared
- RB Dwayne Washington (illness) - Out
- WR Chris Olave (hamstring) - Questionable
- OG Andrus Peat (illness) - Out
- OT Ryan Ramczyk (illness) - Cleared
- OLB Pete Werner (hamstring) - Questionable
- CB Marshon Lattimore (abdomen) - Questionable
- SS Marcus Maye (shoulder) - Out
- QB Jalen Hurts (shoulder) - Doubtful
- RB Miles Sanders (knee) - Cleared
- WR A.J. Brown (knee) - Cleared
- OT Lane Johnson (abdomen) - Out
- DT Linval Joseph (illness) - Cleared
- CB Avonte Maddox (toe) - Out
Jalen Hurts is doubtful and Gardner Minshew is in line for another top-10 performance. Minshew is an excellent streaming option with a complete group of offensive weapons.
For the Saints, Kamara is cleared and coming off his best performance since Week 8. Fantasy managers must monitor status for Olave throughout the weekend.
Minshew is one of the better value plays at quarterback this week. His receiving corps is very expensive but this is an excellent matchup with the Saints' defensive injuries.
- TE Tommy Tremble (hip) - Questionable
- OLB Shaq Green-Thompson (hamstring) - Cleared
- CB Jaycee Horn (wrist) - Out
- WR Julio Jones (knee) - Questionable
- TE Cade Otton - Cleared
- OT Tristan Wirfs (ankle) - Cleared
- OT Donovan Smith (foot) - Questionable
- NT Vita Vea (calf) - Questionable
- OLB Carl Nassib (pec) - Doubtful
- CB Jamel Dean (toe) - Questionable
- CB Carlton Davis (shoulder) - Doubtful
- S Antoine Winfield Jr. (ankle) - Questionable
- S Mike Edwards (hamstring) - Questionable
The Panthers will be without corner Jaycee Horn, which is significant news for Tom Brady, who should be a low-end QB1, high-end QB2 this week. Mike Evans continues to struggle but is a low-end flex option with Horn out. Godwin is a high-end WR2.
There's no significant injury impact for DFS but the Bucs are very reasonably-priced for anyone looking to take advantage of the Panthers' defensive injuries and struggles.
- RB Demetric Felton (illness) - Cleared
- WR Amari Cooper (hip) - Cleared
- OT Jedrick Wills (back) - Cleared
- DE Jadeveon Clowney (concussion) - Questionable
- FS John Johnson (thigh) - Cleared
- RB Antonio Gibson (knee) - Out
- OG Saddiq Charles (concussion) - Out
- OG Wes Schweitzer (illness) - Cleared
- DE Chase Young (knee) - Cleared
- CB Benjamin St-Juste (ankle) - Questionable
- SS Kamren Curl (ankle) - Questionable
- SS Darrick Forrest (illness) - Cleared
All Browns are cleared with the exception of Clowney.
For the Commanders, the absence of Gibson is significant news. Brian Robinson is the sole back for Washington and a high-end RB2 in an excellent matchup against a Cleveland defense that has struggled against the run.
Robinson is just $5,200 on DraftKings and while his lack of receiving work has limited his upside, he should see an uptick in dump-offs. He's a solid value play and should see upwards of 20 carries this week.
- QB Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) - Out
- RB Christian McCaffrey (knee) - Cleared
- RB Jordan Mason (hamstring) - Cleared
- WR Deebo Samuel (knee) - Out
- DE Nick Bosa (illness) - Cleared
- DT Arik Armstead (foot) - Cleared
- DT Javon Kinlaw (knee) - Cleared
- DT Kevin Givens (knee) - Out
- RB Zamir White (ankle) - Questionable
McCaffrey is cleared for Week 17 but Samuel will miss his third straight game. Brock Purdy has been a solid fill-in for Jimmy Garappolo and the 49ers have been able to maintain a balanced offensive. This week's matchup could tilt more towards the run as the Raiders have one of the worst run defenses in the league. This is a fantastic bounce back game for McCaffrey.
As always, McCaffrey is the most expensive back on the slate and coming off a game with less than 50 yards on the ground and only two receptions. Given the matchup, he's an interesting contrarian play if Fantasy managers are fearful of another subpar performance.
- QB Mike White (ribs) - Cleared
- WR Denzel Mims (concussion) - Cleared
- WR Jeff Smith (knee) - Out
- OT George Fant (knee) - Cleared
- OT Duane Brown (shoulder) - Cleared
- SS Lamarcus Joyner (hip) - Questionable
- RB Kenneth Walker (ankle) - Questionable
- RB DeeJay Dallas (ankle) - Cleared
- RB Travis Homer (ankle) - Questionable
- WR Tyler Lockett (hand) - Questionable
- WR Marquise Goodwin (shoulder) - Doubtful
- TE Noah Fant (knee) - Cleared
- TE Will Dissly (knee) - IR
- OT Abraham Lucas (knee) - Questionable
- OLB Bruce Irvin (knee) - Cleared
- SS Ryan Neal (knee) - Questionable
The Jets welcome back Mike White, and all Jets offensive players get a likely boost in production. Garrett Wilson is a reliable WR2 and other Jets function as flex options depending on situation and format.
For the Seahawks, Fantasy managers must monitor status for Walker and Lockett throughout the weekend. Lockett seems to be recovering well from surgery and has a good chance at playing this week. Walker played through his injury in previous weeks. One area to note is Will Dissly's move to IR. Noah Fant has been very unreliable this season but is an interesting streaming option with Dissly out.
Mike White is a solid value play at just $5,400. His primary target, Wilson, is just $5,500. The duo is a very interesting value stack for tournaments.
- C Garrett Bradbury (back) - Out
- OG Ezra Cleveland (shoulder) - Cleared
- CB Cam Dantzler (ankle) - Cleared
- QB Aaron Rodgers (knee) - Cleared
- RB Aaron Jones (ankle) - Cleared
- WR Christian Watson (hip) - Questionable
- OT Elgton Jenkins (knee) - Cleared
- OT David Bakhtiari (appendix) - Cleared
- DB Keisean Nixon (groin) - Questionable
The only significant injury is this matchup is Christian Watson, who failed to practice the majority of the week but logged a limited practice on Friday. If active, he's a high-upside flex option in an excellent matchup against Minnesota.
If Watson is unable to suit up, Romeo Doubs becomes a solid value play at just $4,700 on DraftKings. Doubs has stepped up with multiple high-upside performances when Watson was absent earlier in the season.
- QB John Wolford (neck) - Out
- WR Ben Skowronek (calf) - Out
- TE Tyler Higbee (elbow) - Questionable
- C Brian Allen (calf) - Out
- NT Greg Gaines (shoulder) - Cleared
- DE Aaron Donald (ankle) - Out
- OLB Leonard Floyd (NIR) - Questionable
- RB Austin Ekeler (knee) - Cleared
- FB Zander Horvath (ankle) - Questionable
- DT Sebastian Joseph-Day (knee) - Cleared
- OLB Joey Bosa (groin) - Cleared
- SS Derwin James (quadriceps) - Out
Fantasy managers must monitor status for Higbee throughout the weekend. While it's tough to imagine another 30-point Fantasy performance, Higbee has benefited from Baker Mayfield's presence and is a TE1 if active. No other Rams pass-catcher is a reliable option.
Austin Ekeler is clear and Fantasy managers should start him with confidence.
With mounting injuries on offense, the Rams could opt to rely on the run this week. Akers is priced up to $6,100 but is an interesting contrarian option, given the matchup and injuries.
- WR Diontae Johnson (hip) - Cleared
- DT Larry Ogunjobi (toe) - Questionable
- ILB Myles Jack (groin) - Questionable
- SS Terrell Edmunds (hamstring) - Cleared
- QB Lamar Jackson (knee) - Out
- WR Demarcus Robinson (groin) - Cleared
- WR Tylan Wallace (hamstring) - TBD
- TE Nick Boyle (illness) - Questionable
- DE Calais Campbell (knee) - Questionable
- CB Marcus Peters (calf) - Out
The Steelers are at full health on offense. However, the Ravens will be without Lamar Jackson for the fourth straight week. Tyler Huntley has been underwhelming in relief. And while the Steelers give up the fifth most Fantasy points to opposing receivers, it's difficult to trust any Ravens pass catcher.
While the matchup favors the pass on both sides and injuries create value plays at receiver, both teams will likely lean heavily on the run.
- WR Stefon Diggs (illness) - TBD
- WR Jamison Crowder (ankle) - TBD
- WR Jake Kumerow (ankle) - TBD
- TE Dawson Knox (hip) - TBD
- C Mitch Morse (concussion) - TBD
- NT Jordan Phillips (shoulder) - TBD
- OLB Matt Milano (knee) - TBD
- DE Boogie Basham (calf) - TBD
- TE Hayden Hurst (calf) - TBD
- OT La'el Collins (knee) - IR
- DE Sam Hubbard (calf) - TBD
Stefon Diggs returned to practice on Friday and appears on track to play in Week 17. Dawson Knox was only able to log limited practices this week so his status must be monitored throughout the weekend.
For the Bengals, Hayden Hurst returned to full practice this week and is on track to play.
The injuries that could make the most significant impact are the potential return of Crowder and Kumerow. If Knox is out, short-area passes become very murky if the two players return from IR. Fantasy managers should lean on the known performance levels of Diggs and Gabe Davis.