Central Michigan @ Toledo
Current Records: Central Michigan 1-3; Toledo 2-2
What to Know
The Central Michigan Chippewas are staying on the road Saturday to face off against the Toledo Rockets at 3:30 p.m. ET Oct. 1 at Glass Bowl. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
The Chippewas might not have won anyway, but with 85 yards lost due to penalties, they really shot themselves in the foot last week. They lost to the Penn State Nittany Lions on the road by a decisive 33-14 margin. No one had a standout game offensively for CMU, but they got scores from TE Joel Wilson and WR Finn Hogan.
Meanwhile, it was a hard-fought matchup, but Toledo had to settle for a 17-14 loss against the San Diego State Aztecs last week. Like CMU, Toledo didn't have any clear offensive standouts, but they got scores from QB Dequan Finn and TE Jamal Turner.
CMU is expected to lose this next one by 6.5. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 2-0 against the spread when expected to lose.
The Chippewas are now 1-3 while the Rockets sit at 2-2. A couple numbers to keep in mind before kickoff: CMU enters the game with 302 passing yards per game on average, good for 21st best in the nation. But Toledo ranks 16th in the nation when it comes to passing yards allowed per game, with only 165.8 on average. We'll see which of these strengths -- offense or defense -- will win out.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 3:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Glass Bowl -- Toledo, Ohio
- TV: NFL Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.00
The Rockets are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Chippewas, according to the latest college football odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Rockets as a 7-point favorite.
Toledo have won five out of their last seven games against Central Michigan.
- Oct 16, 2021 - Central Michigan 26 vs. Toledo 23
- Dec 12, 2020 - Toledo 24 vs. Central Michigan 23
- Nov 29, 2019 - Central Michigan 49 vs. Toledo 7
- Nov 23, 2018 - Toledo 51 vs. Central Michigan 13
- Oct 14, 2017 - Toledo 30 vs. Central Michigan 10
- Oct 22, 2016 - Toledo 31 vs. Central Michigan 17
- Nov 10, 2015 - Toledo 28 vs. Central Michigan 23