Central Michigan @ Eastern Michigan
Current Records: Central Michigan 4-7; Eastern Michigan 7-4
What to Know
The Eastern Michigan Eagles and the Central Michigan Chippewas are even-steven against one another since November of 2015 (2-2-3), but not for long. EMU and the Chippewas will face off in a Mid-American battle at noon ET Friday at Rynearson Stadium. If the nothing to nothing final from the last time they met is any indication, this contest will be decided by the defense.
EMU beat the Kent State Golden Flashes 31-24 last Wednesday. EMU QB Taylor Powell was slinging it as he passed for three TDs and 315 yards on 39 attempts. That was the first 300+ yard effort for Powell this season.
Meanwhile, it was all tied up 7-7 at halftime, but CMU was not quite the Western Michigan Broncos' equal in the second half when they met last week. It was close but no cigar for CMU as they fell 12-10 to WMU. The Chippewas' only offensive touchdown came on a rush from QB Bert Emanuel Jr.. Emanuel Jr. put himself on the highlight reel with a 60-yard TD scramble in the first quarter.
This next matchup is expected to be close, with the Eagles going off at just a 1-point favorite. But bettors beware: they are 0-4 against the spread when favored.
Eastern Michigan's win lifted them to 7-4 while Central Michigan's defeat dropped them down to 4-7. We'll see if EMU can repeat their recent success or if the Chippewas bounce back and reverse their fortune.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 12 p.m. ET
- Where: Rynearson Stadium -- Ypsilanti, Michigan
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
- Ticket Cost: $22.40
The Eagles are a slight 1-point favorite against the Chippewas, according to the latest college football odds.
Bettors have moved against the Eagles slightly, as the game opened with the Eagles as a 2.5-point favorite.
Eastern Michigan and Central Michigan both have two wins in their last seven games.
- Nov 26, 2021 - Eastern Michigan 0 vs. Central Michigan 0
- Nov 27, 2020 - Central Michigan 31 vs. Eastern Michigan 23
- Oct 05, 2019 - Central Michigan 42 vs. Eastern Michigan 16
- Nov 03, 2018 - Eastern Michigan 17 vs. Central Michigan 7
- Nov 08, 2017 - Eastern Michigan 0 vs. Central Michigan 0
- Nov 22, 2016 - Eastern Michigan 26 vs. Central Michigan 21
- Nov 27, 2015 - Eastern Michigan 0 vs. Central Michigan 0