Georgia defensive lineman Jalen Carter is one of the top prospects, regardless of position, as the college football season comes to an end and we look ahead to the 2023 NFL Draft.
Below is a comprehensive draft profile for Carter, including his high school and college accolades, scouting report and prospect outlook for one of the best players in college football.
Note: This profile will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Year: Junior
- Height: 6-3
- Weight: 310
- Hometown: Apopka, Florida
- Interesting fact: Blocked a field goal in last season's national championship win over Alabama
Position: No. 1 DL | Overall: No. 4
High school: Apopka (Apopka, Florida)
Composite Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (0.9912)
- National: 18 | DT: 4 | Florida: 3 | All-time: 377
High school accolades: Under Armour All-America Game participant
- 2021: All-SEC second team (coaches)
- 2021 (vs. Kentucky): SEC Defensive Lineman of the Week
- 2021: One of 20 players nationally with multiple placement kick blocks in 2021
Initial scouting report
"Carter is a deceptive 310 pounds because he carries it so well. The Florida native has good top-end speed and athleticism. He is quick to split gaps but also has the strength to dictate action in the run game. Despite having three first-round selections on its defensive line, the Bulldogs made it a point to give Carter significant repetitions. The third-year player created pressure on 13% of his pass rushes last season, according to TruMedia. He recorded a tackle on 17.1% of run defense snaps." -- CBS Sports NFL Draft analyst Josh Edwards (Aug. 29)