As we told you in our handy 2012-13 calendar, the deadline for teams to cut rosters to 75 players is Monday at 4 p.m. ET.
Therefore, here’s a list of all the most important transactions of Sunday and Monday in order for squads to bring rosters to that number from the 90 that originally started camp. Make sure to keep checking back for the latest cut news.
And remember, Aug. 31 is the day that teams must cut that active roster number to 53. So, many of those who are safe this week will be saying goodbye next week.
- The last image Ravens will have of kicker Billy Cundiff is him missing a game-tying 32-yard field goal that would have sent last year’s AFC title game to overtime. Baltimore has released Cundiff and given the job to undrafted free agent rookie kicker Justin Tucker -- who, by all reports, out-played Cundiff in the preseason.
- The Bears have placed receiver Johnny Knox (spinal fusion surgery) on the Physically Unable to Perform list to start the season. He’ll have to stay on the list for the first six weeks of the season.
- The Eagles have released Cliff Harris, a former All-American cornerback at Oregon.
- The Ravens have cut offensive lineman Cecil Newton. An otherwise non-noteworthy transaction, but Newton is the brother of Cam.
- Is Terrell Owens finished? Because the Seahawks have decided they have no use for him.
- Perhaps even more surprising than the Owens cut is the Seahawks decision to release guard Deuce Lutui.
- The Texans have placed rookie kicker Randy Bullock on IR with a torn groin, meaning Shayne Graham will win that job.
- The Patriots unsurprisingly have released safety Ross Ventrone. Why is this not a surprise? Because he was released and re-signed eight (!) times by the Patriots last year. He played in eight games last season.
- According to PFT, the Patriots have released receiver Donte Stallworth. Hey, you've got to find some way to pay for Aaron Hernandez's new contract extension.
- The Steelers have released Myron Rolle, Rhodes Scholar.
- The Ravens have placed linebacker Terrell Suggs and receiver David Reed on the PUP list.
- Nick Folk has won the Jets place-kicker competition by besting Josh Brown.
- The Jaguars have placed Clint Session (concussion) on the reserve PUP list.
- We don't have official confirmation, but it certainly appears that Vince Young has been released by the Bills.
- The Giants have placed defensive lineman Chris Canty and tight end Travis Beckum on the PUP list.
- The Panthers have parted ways with kicker Olindo Mare and punter Nick Harris, according to the Charlotte Observer. That means, for now, rookie Brad Nortman is the punter, and Justin Medlock is the top kicker.