South Florida @ Wichita State
Current Records: South Florida 14-16; Wichita State 15-14
What to Know
The South Florida Bulls have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. The Bulls and the Wichita State Shockers will face off in an American Athletic battle at 2 p.m. ET Sunday at Charles Koch Arena. South Florida has been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with Wichita State and is hoping to record their first victory since Jan. 22 of 2019.
South Florida didn't have too much trouble with the Tulsa Golden Hurricane at home this past Wednesday as they won 72-56. Forward Keyshawn Bryant took over for South Florida, finishing with 30 points (a whopping 42% of their total) along with six rebounds.
Meanwhile, Wichita State lost to the Houston Cougars on the road by a decisive 83-66 margin. Despite the defeat, the Shockers got a solid performance out of guard Craig Porter Jr., who had 17 points in addition to seven boards.
The Bulls are expected to lose this next one by 7. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 8-4 against the spread when expected to lose.
South Florida's win lifted them to 14-16 while Wichita State's loss dropped them down to 15-14. In their victory, South Florida relied heavily on Bryant, who had 30 points along with six boards. Wichita State will need to find a way to minimize his impact if they want to win.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Charles Koch Arena -- Wichita, Kansas
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $22.00
The Shockers are a solid 7-point favorite against the Bulls, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Shockers as a 6.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Wichita State have won eight out of their last nine games against South Florida.
- Jan 08, 2023 - Wichita State 70 vs. South Florida 66
- Feb 12, 2022 - Wichita State 73 vs. South Florida 69
- Mar 12, 2021 - Wichita State 68 vs. South Florida 67
- Mar 06, 2021 - Wichita State 80 vs. South Florida 63
- Dec 22, 2020 - Wichita State 82 vs. South Florida 77
- Feb 20, 2020 - Wichita State 65 vs. South Florida 55
- Jan 21, 2020 - Wichita State 56 vs. South Florida 43
- Jan 22, 2019 - South Florida 54 vs. Wichita State 41
- Jan 07, 2018 - Wichita State 95 vs. South Florida 57