North Texas @ Texas-El Paso
Current Records: North Texas 22-5; Texas-El Paso 12-14
What to Know
The North Texas Mean Green and the Texas-El Paso Miners will face off in a Conference USA clash at 9 p.m. ET Feb. 18 at Don Haskins Center. If the game is anything like their last meeting in January, where the Mean Green won 52-42, we could be in for a big score.
North Texas was able to grind out a solid win over the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs on Thursday, winning 72-62. North Texas relied on the efforts of forward Abou Ousmane, who posted a double-double on 20 points and ten boards, and guard Kai Huntsberry, who had 19 points and six assists.
Meanwhile, Texas-El Paso received a tough blow on Thursday as they fell 79-66 to the UAB Blazers. Guard Tae Hardy had a pretty forgettable game, playing for 32 minutes with.
North Texas is the favorite in this one, with an expected 6-point margin of victory. They are currently five-for-five against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
North Texas is now 22-5 while the Miners sit at 12-14. A pair of stats to keep an eye on: The Mean Green come into the game boasting the 25th fewest steals given up per game in college basketball at 5.3. But Texas-El Paso enters the matchup with 9.3 steals per game on average, good for 14th best in college basketball. Ball control might end up being a major factor in this one.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Don Haskins Center -- El Paso, Texas
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.70
The Mean Green are a solid 6-point favorite against the Miners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
North Texas have won seven out of their last 11 games against Texas-El Paso.
- Jan 28, 2023 - North Texas 52 vs. Texas-El Paso 42
- Mar 05, 2022 - Texas-El Paso 70 vs. North Texas 68
- Feb 07, 2022 - North Texas 66 vs. Texas-El Paso 58
- Jan 16, 2021 - North Texas 74 vs. Texas-El Paso 65
- Jan 15, 2021 - North Texas 63 vs. Texas-El Paso 33
- Jan 25, 2020 - North Texas 67 vs. Texas-El Paso 57
- Jan 10, 2019 - North Texas 58 vs. Texas-El Paso 51
- Mar 03, 2018 - Texas-El Paso 68 vs. North Texas 66
- Dec 28, 2017 - North Texas 63 vs. Texas-El Paso 62
- Feb 16, 2017 - Texas-El Paso 77 vs. North Texas 71
- Jan 03, 2016 - Texas-El Paso 84 vs. North Texas 75