LIU @ St. Francis (N.Y.)
Current Records: LIU 3-18; St. Francis (N.Y.) 10-11
What to Know
The St. Francis (N.Y.) Terriers and the LIU Sharks will face off in a Northeast clash at 7 p.m. ET Jan. 28 at Peter Aquilone Court. The Terriers are out to stop a four-game streak of losses at home.
St. Francis (N.Y.) netted a 65-56 victory over the Wagner Seahawks on Thursday. St. Francis (N.Y.)'s guard Tedrick Wilcox Jr. looked sharp as he had 21 points in addition to five rebounds.
Meanwhile, after constant struggles on the road, LIU has finally found some success away from home. On Thursday, they narrowly escaped with a win as the squad sidled past the Sacred Heart Pioneers 74-70. LIU can attribute much of their success to forward C.J. Delancy, who had 18 points along with nine boards, and forward Jake Cook, who had 14 points in addition to five boards.
St. Francis (N.Y.) is the favorite in this one, with an expected 7.5-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (4-2), so they might be worth a quick bet.
The wins brought the Terriers up to 10-11 and the Sharks to 3-18. Two stats to keep an eye on: St. Francis (N.Y.) is stumbling into the contest with the 20th fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 65.2 on average. LIU has experienced some struggles of their own as they are 358th worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 80.7 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Peter Aquilone Court -- Brooklyn Heights, New York
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Terriers are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Sharks, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
LIU have won ten out of their last 16 games against St. Francis (N.Y.).
- Jan 16, 2023 - St. Francis (N.Y.) 73 vs. LIU 66
- Feb 10, 2022 - LIU 74 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) 69
- Jan 17, 2022 - LIU 80 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) 65
- Feb 08, 2021 - LIU 96 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) 84
- Jan 30, 2021 - LIU 102 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) 88
- Feb 18, 2020 - St. Francis (N.Y.) 87 vs. LIU 77
- Jan 15, 2020 - LIU 69 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) 66
- Feb 14, 2019 - St. Francis (N.Y.) 83 vs. LIU 76
- Jan 21, 2019 - St. Francis (N.Y.) 79 vs. LIU 70
- Feb 28, 2018 - LIU 73 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) 50
- Feb 22, 2018 - LIU 81 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) 76
- Feb 15, 2018 - St. Francis (N.Y.) 84 vs. LIU 79
- Feb 15, 2017 - LIU 82 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) 45
- Jan 14, 2017 - LIU 63 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) 58
- Feb 15, 2016 - LIU 82 vs. St. Francis (N.Y.) 67
- Jan 23, 2016 - St. Francis (N.Y.) 64 vs. LIU 49