E. Tennessee State @ UNCG
Current Records: E. Tennessee State 9-16; UNCG 16-9
What to Know
After two games on the road, the UNCG Spartans are heading back home. UNCG and the E. Tennessee State Buccaneers will face off in a Southern battle at 7 p.m. ET Tuesday at Greensboro Coliseum. The teams split their matchups last year, with the Spartans winning the first 80-76 on the road and E. Tennessee State taking the second 73-69.
UNCG took their contest against the The Citadel Bulldogs this past Saturday by a conclusive 79-59 score. UNCG got double-digit scores from five players: guard Keyshaun Langley (19), guard Keondre Kennedy (18), guard Joryam Saizonou (14), forward Bas Leyte (10), and forward Mohammed Abdulsalam (10).
Meanwhile, E. Tennessee State lost to the Samford Bulldogs on the road by a decisive 73-62 margin. Guard Jordan King wasn't much of a difference maker for the Buccaneers; King finished with only seven points on 3-for-11 shooting and turned the ball over five times in his 38 minutes on the court.
The Spartans are the favorite in this one, with an expected 10-point margin of victory. Their home court has been no bettor's paradise, though, as they've failed to beat the spread in six of their 11 home games.
UNCG's victory lifted them to 16-9 while E. Tennessee State's defeat dropped them down to 9-16. In UNCG's win, Keyshaun Langley had 19 points and Keondre Kennedy had 18 points in addition to five rebounds. We'll see if E. Tennessee State have a strategy for dealing with them or if they lead their team to another successful outing.
How To Watch
- When: Tuesday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Greensboro Coliseum -- Greensboro, North Carolina
- TV: ESPN University
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Spartans are a big 10-point favorite against the Buccaneers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 10-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
UNCG have won nine out of their last 17 games against E. Tennessee State.
- Feb 27, 2022 - E. Tennessee State 73 vs. UNCG 69
- Jan 26, 2022 - UNCG 80 vs. E. Tennessee State 76
- Mar 07, 2021 - UNCG 77 vs. E. Tennessee State 65
- Feb 27, 2021 - UNCG 85 vs. E. Tennessee State 74
- Jan 02, 2021 - E. Tennessee State 71 vs. UNCG 61
- Feb 01, 2020 - E. Tennessee State 82 vs. UNCG 65
- Jan 08, 2020 - E. Tennessee State 64 vs. UNCG 57
- Feb 24, 2019 - UNCG 60 vs. E. Tennessee State 59
- Jan 19, 2019 - UNCG 75 vs. E. Tennessee State 68
- Mar 05, 2018 - UNCG 62 vs. E. Tennessee State 47
- Feb 12, 2018 - UNCG 74 vs. E. Tennessee State 56
- Jan 11, 2018 - E. Tennessee State 68 vs. UNCG 58
- Mar 06, 2017 - E. Tennessee State 79 vs. UNCG 74
- Feb 27, 2017 - UNCG 72 vs. E. Tennessee State 66
- Jan 12, 2017 - UNCG 83 vs. E. Tennessee State 79
- Feb 06, 2016 - E. Tennessee State 68 vs. UNCG 65
- Jan 09, 2016 - E. Tennessee State 86 vs. UNCG 83