Wichita State @ Tulane
Current Records: Wichita State 14-13; Tulane 17-8
What to Know
The Wichita State Shockers haven't won a game against the Tulane Green Wave since March 3 of 2021, but they'll be looking to end the drought Sunday. Wichita State and Tulane will face off in an American Athletic battle at 3 p.m. ET at Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse. Given that both teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this matchup.
The Shockers were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap this past Thursday as they fell 83-78 to the Memphis Tigers. Despite their defeat, Wichita State got to see several of their players rise to the challenge and make noteworthy plays. guard Craig Porter Jr., who had 15 points and seven assists along with seven rebounds and five steals, was the best among equals.
Meanwhile, Tulane suffered a grim 89-59 defeat to the Houston Cougars this past Wednesday. Guard Jaylen Forbes had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with 14 points on 3-for-10 shooting and turning the ball over six times in his 36 minutes on the court.
Wichita State is expected to lose this next one by 6. However, those who like betting on the underdog should be happy to hear that they are 4-2-2 against the spread when expected to lose.
The Shockers are now 14-13 while the Green Wave sit at 17-8. Two defensive stats to keep an eye on: Wichita State have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 40.30%, which places them 21st in college basketball. Less enviably, Tulane is stumbling into the contest with the 21st most points allowed per game in college basketball, having given up 75.8 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 3 p.m. ET
- Where: Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse -- New Orleans, Louisiana
- TV: ESPN University
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.00
The Green Wave are a solid 6-point favorite against the Shockers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Green Wave as a 6.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Wichita State have won six out of their last nine games against Tulane.
- Jan 25, 2023 - Tulane 95 vs. Wichita State 90
- Jan 29, 2022 - Tulane 67 vs. Wichita State 66
- Jan 12, 2022 - Tulane 68 vs. Wichita State 67
- Mar 03, 2021 - Wichita State 78 vs. Tulane 70
- Feb 03, 2021 - Wichita State 75 vs. Tulane 67
- Feb 16, 2020 - Wichita State 82 vs. Tulane 57
- Mar 09, 2019 - Wichita State 82 vs. Tulane 79
- Feb 09, 2019 - Wichita State 77 vs. Tulane 62
- Feb 21, 2018 - Wichita State 93 vs. Tulane 86