Nebraska Omaha @ South Dakota
Current Records: Nebraska Omaha 7-13; South Dakota 8-11
What to Know
The Nebraska Omaha Mavericks haven't won a matchup against the South Dakota Coyotes since Feb. 7 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought Saturday. The Mavericks will hit the road for the second straight game as they head to Sanford Coyote Sports Center at 2 p.m. ET. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
Nebraska Omaha found themselves the reluctant recipients of an unfortunate 84-61 punch to the gut against the South Dakota State Jackrabbits on Thursday.
Meanwhile, South Dakota lost to the Denver Pioneers at home by a decisive 75-60 margin.
Nebraska Omaha is expected to lose this next one by 5.5. Now might not be the best time to take Nebraska Omaha against the spread since they've let down bettors for the past two consecutive games.
The losses put Nebraska Omaha at 7-13 and the Coyotes at 8-11. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Mavericks have allowed their opponents to shoot 46.30% from the floor on average, which is the 22nd highest shooting percentage allowed in college basketball. South Dakota has experienced some struggles of their own as they have only been able to knock down 41.90% percent of their shots, which is the 39th lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Sanford Coyote Sports Center -- Vermillion, South Dakota
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.90
The Coyotes are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Mavericks, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Coyotes, as the game opened with the Coyotes as a 4-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
South Dakota have won ten out of their last 15 games against Nebraska Omaha.
- Feb 10, 2022 - South Dakota 91 vs. Nebraska Omaha 69
- Jan 15, 2022 - South Dakota 105 vs. Nebraska Omaha 70
- Jan 30, 2021 - South Dakota 97 vs. Nebraska Omaha 93
- Jan 29, 2021 - South Dakota 91 vs. Nebraska Omaha 59
- Feb 02, 2020 - South Dakota 81 vs. Nebraska Omaha 80
- Jan 11, 2020 - South Dakota 91 vs. Nebraska Omaha 81
- Feb 07, 2019 - Nebraska Omaha 107 vs. South Dakota 102
- Jan 20, 2019 - Nebraska Omaha 75 vs. South Dakota 68
- Mar 03, 2018 - South Dakota 87 vs. Nebraska Omaha 73
- Feb 17, 2018 - South Dakota 79 vs. Nebraska Omaha 64
- Jan 20, 2018 - South Dakota 85 vs. Nebraska Omaha 71
- Feb 01, 2017 - Nebraska Omaha 91 vs. South Dakota 83
- Dec 29, 2016 - South Dakota 86 vs. Nebraska Omaha 69
- Jan 30, 2016 - Nebraska Omaha 96 vs. South Dakota 83
- Jan 09, 2016 - Nebraska Omaha 79 vs. South Dakota 73