Hampton @ Longwood
Current Records: Hampton 8-16; Longwood 20-6
What to Know
The Hampton Pirates have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. The Pirates and the Longwood Lancers will face off in a Big South battle at 7 p.m. ET Saturday at Willett Hall. Both teams come into the contest bolstered by wins in their previous games.
The North Carolina A&T Aggies typically have all the answers at home, but on Wednesday Hampton proved too difficult a challenge. Hampton enjoyed a cozy 93-82 win over North Carolina A&T.
Meanwhile, Longwood beat the High Point Panthers 78-71 on Thursday.
Hampton is the clear underdog, so they're hoping it's the size of the fight that determines this one. Those betting on them against the spread shouldn't have high expectations for them since the team is 6-12 ATS when expected to lose.
The Pirates are now 8-16 while the Lancers sit at 20-6. Hampton is 2-5 after wins this season, Longwood 16-3.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Willett Hall -- Farmville, Virginia
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Lancers are a big 14-point favorite against the Pirates, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Lancers as a 14.5-point favorite.
Hampton have won six out of their last nine games against Longwood.
- Jan 24, 2022 - Longwood 73 vs. Hampton 49
- Feb 24, 2021 - Hampton 74 vs. Longwood 68
- Feb 15, 2021 - Longwood 83 vs. Hampton 73
- Mar 05, 2020 - Hampton 78 vs. Longwood 53
- Feb 15, 2020 - Longwood 76 vs. Hampton 68
- Jan 11, 2020 - Hampton 83 vs. Longwood 80
- Mar 05, 2019 - Hampton 77 vs. Longwood 71
- Feb 21, 2019 - Hampton 86 vs. Longwood 66
- Jan 30, 2019 - Hampton 96 vs. Longwood 83