Loyola Marymount @ Pepperdine
Current Records: Loyola Marymount 18-11; Pepperdine 9-20
What to Know
The Loyola Marymount Lions have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. Loyola Marymount and the Pepperdine Waves will face off in a West Coast battle at 10:30 p.m. ET Saturday at Firestone Fieldhouse. The Lions will be strutting in after a victory while Pepperdine will be stumbling in from a defeat.
Loyola Marymount came out on top in a nail-biter against the Pacific Tigers on Saturday, sneaking past 90-88. Guard Cam Shelton took over for Loyola Marymount, finishing with 40 points (a whopping 44% of their total) along with five rebounds.
Meanwhile, Pepperdine came up short against the Santa Clara Broncos on Thursday, falling 91-82. Forward Jan Zidek put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 15 points. Zidek's performance made up for a slower contest against the Gonzaga Bulldogs on Saturday.
Barring any buzzer beaters, the Lions are expected to win a tight contest. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Loyola Marymount is now 18-11 while the Waves sit at 9-20. A couple stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Loyola Marymount is 39th worst in college basketball in takeaways, with only 11.1 on average. Pepperdine has experienced some struggles of their own as they are stumbling into the matchup with the 44th most turnovers per game in college basketball, having accrued 14 on average. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 10:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Firestone Fieldhouse -- Malibu, California
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $35.00
The Lions are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Waves, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount both have seven wins in their last 14 games.
- Jan 28, 2023 - Loyola Marymount 84 vs. Pepperdine 70
- Jan 20, 2022 - Loyola Marymount 85 vs. Pepperdine 80
- Feb 25, 2021 - Loyola Marymount 81 vs. Pepperdine 74
- Feb 01, 2020 - Pepperdine 68 vs. Loyola Marymount 67
- Jan 16, 2020 - Pepperdine 75 vs. Loyola Marymount 67
- Mar 08, 2019 - Pepperdine 68 vs. Loyola Marymount 65
- Jan 19, 2019 - Loyola Marymount 74 vs. Pepperdine 70
- Jan 03, 2019 - Pepperdine 77 vs. Loyola Marymount 62
- Feb 10, 2018 - Loyola Marymount 85 vs. Pepperdine 79
- Jan 25, 2018 - Pepperdine 71 vs. Loyola Marymount 70
- Feb 18, 2017 - Loyola Marymount 82 vs. Pepperdine 61
- Jan 05, 2017 - Pepperdine 71 vs. Loyola Marymount 70
- Feb 27, 2016 - Loyola Marymount 90 vs. Pepperdine 83
- Jan 02, 2016 - Pepperdine 68 vs. Loyola Marymount 65