Texas-San Antonio @ Florida International
Current Records: Texas-San Antonio 8-21; Florida International 13-15
What to Know
The Florida International Panthers and the Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners will face off in a Conference USA clash at 7 p.m. ET Feb. 25 at Ocean Bank Convocation Center. Given that these two teams suffered a loss in their last game, they both have a little extra motivation heading into this contest.
The Panthers were within striking distance but couldn't close the gap on Thursday as they fell 87-82 to the Texas-El Paso Miners. Guard John Williams Jr. had a pretty forgettable game, finishing with 12 points on 5-for-12 shooting in his 28 minutes on the court.
Meanwhile, there's no need to mince words: Texas-San Antonio lost to the Florida Atlantic Owls on Thursday, and they lost bad. The score wound up at 106-66. The top scorer for Texas-San Antonio was guard DJ Richards (19 points).
Florida International is the favorite in this one, with an expected 8.5-point margin of victory. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past three games, so buyers beware.
Florida International is now 13-15 while Texas-San Antonio sits at 8-21. The Panthers are 5-9 after losses this year, the Roadrunners 5-15.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Ocean Bank Convocation Center -- Miami, Florida
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $18.90
The Panthers are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Roadrunners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 8.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Texas-San Antonio have won six out of their last 11 games against Florida International.
- Jan 21, 2023 - Florida International 77 vs. Texas-San Antonio 72
- Jan 27, 2022 - Texas-San Antonio 73 vs. Florida International 66
- Feb 06, 2021 - Texas-San Antonio 90 vs. Florida International 47
- Feb 05, 2021 - Texas-San Antonio 87 vs. Florida International 80
- Jan 04, 2020 - Florida International 90 vs. Texas-San Antonio 83
- Feb 07, 2019 - Texas-San Antonio 100 vs. Florida International 67
- Jan 11, 2018 - Florida International 79 vs. Texas-San Antonio 76
- Feb 23, 2017 - Texas-San Antonio 69 vs. Florida International 67
- Jan 14, 2017 - Texas-San Antonio 57 vs. Florida International 55
- Feb 13, 2016 - Florida International 79 vs. Texas-San Antonio 65
- Jan 21, 2016 - Florida International 72 vs. Texas-San Antonio 56