Texas-El Paso @ Florida Atlantic
Current Records: Texas-El Paso 13-15; Florida Atlantic 25-3
What to Know
The Florida Atlantic Owls and the Texas-El Paso Miners are even-steven against one another since January of 2016 (5-5), but not for long. Florida Atlantic and the Miners will face off in a Conference USA battle at 2 p.m. ET Saturday at Eleanor R. Baldwin Arena. Florida Atlantic is out to keep their 16-game home win streak alive.
Florida Atlantic took their matchup at home on Thursday with ease, bagging a 106-66 win over the Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners. Seven players on Florida Atlantic scored in the double digits: guard Michael Forrest (19), center Vladislav Goldin (14), forward Giancarlo Rosado (14), guard Alijah Martin (12), guard Nicholas Boyd (12), forward Tre Carroll (11), and guard Bryan Greenlee (10).
Meanwhile, Texas-El Paso didn't have too much breathing room in their game with the Florida International Panthers on Thursday, but they still walked away with an 87-82 victory. Texas-El Paso's guard Shamar Givance was one of the most active players for the squad, almost posting a triple-double on 22 points, ten dimes, and eight rebounds.
The Owls are the favorite in this one, with an expected 11-point margin of victory. They have been consistent moneymakers against the spread when favored (15-7), so they might be worth a quick bet.
Their wins bumped Florida Atlantic to 25-3 and the Miners to 13-15. Vladislav Goldin will be someone to keep an eye on after he had 14 points in addition to nine boards and three blocks on Thursday. Let's see if he can build on that strong performance or if Texas-El Paso's defense can bottle him up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Eleanor R. Baldwin Arena -- Boca Raton, Florida
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $12.00
The Owls are a big 11-point favorite against the Miners, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Owls as a 12-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Florida Atlantic and Texas-El Paso both have five wins in their last ten games.
- Jan 21, 2023 - Florida Atlantic 67 vs. Texas-El Paso 59
- Jan 27, 2022 - Texas-El Paso 70 vs. Florida Atlantic 68
- Mar 10, 2021 - Florida Atlantic 76 vs. Texas-El Paso 70
- Jan 04, 2020 - Florida Atlantic 59 vs. Texas-El Paso 56
- Feb 07, 2019 - Florida Atlantic 61 vs. Texas-El Paso 48
- Jan 11, 2018 - Florida Atlantic 73 vs. Texas-El Paso 66
- Feb 23, 2017 - Texas-El Paso 60 vs. Florida Atlantic 55
- Jan 14, 2017 - Texas-El Paso 66 vs. Florida Atlantic 65
- Feb 13, 2016 - Texas-El Paso 89 vs. Florida Atlantic 82
- Jan 21, 2016 - Texas-El Paso 71 vs. Florida Atlantic 56