Fresno State @ Colorado State
Regular Season Records: Fresno State 11-19; Colorado State 14-17
What to Know
The Fresno State Bulldogs haven't won a matchup against the Colorado State Rams since Jan. 5 of 2019, but they'll be looking to end the drought Wednesday. Fresno State and Colorado State are set to clash at 2 p.m. ET March 8 at Thomas & Mack Center in the first round of the Mountain West Conference Tournament. These two teams have set a high bar for this game after stand-out offensive performances in their previous games.
The Chicago State Cougars typically have all the answers at home, but this past Saturday the Bulldogs proved too difficult a challenge. Fresno State put a hurting on Chicago State at home to the tune of 108-72. It should come as no surprise that the experts had more or less unanimously put their money on Fresno State. Guard Jemarl Baker was a one-man wrecking crew for Fresno State, shooting 10-for-11 from beyond the arc and finishing with 43 points, seven dimes and five boards.
Meanwhile, the Rams picked up a 92-84 win over the New Mexico Lobos last Friday. Colorado State's guard John Tonje was one of the most active players for the squad, picking up 24 points along with five rebounds.
A couple offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Bulldogs are stumbling into the game with the fifth fewest points per game in college basketball, having accrued only 63.6 on average. Colorado State's offense has more to brag about, as they they enter the contest with a 49.30% field goal percentage, good for eighth best in college basketball.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Thomas & Mack Center -- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $11.66
The Rams are a slight 2-point favorite against the Bulldogs, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2-point spread, and stayed right there.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Colorado State have won ten out of their last 16 games against Fresno State.
- Feb 18, 2023 - Colorado State 60 vs. Fresno State 57
- Jan 07, 2023 - Colorado State 79 vs. Fresno State 57
- Feb 11, 2022 - Colorado State 65 vs. Fresno State 50
- Mar 11, 2021 - Colorado State 72 vs. Fresno State 62
- Dec 30, 2020 - Colorado State 81 vs. Fresno State 59
- Dec 28, 2020 - Colorado State 75 vs. Fresno State 53
- Feb 04, 2020 - Colorado State 80 vs. Fresno State 70
- Jan 22, 2020 - Colorado State 86 vs. Fresno State 68
- Jan 26, 2019 - Colorado State 74 vs. Fresno State 65
- Jan 05, 2019 - Fresno State 78 vs. Colorado State 67
- Feb 17, 2018 - Fresno State 86 vs. Colorado State 65
- Jan 06, 2018 - Fresno State 82 vs. Colorado State 79
- Feb 11, 2017 - Colorado State 78 vs. Fresno State 62
- Jan 18, 2017 - Fresno State 78 vs. Colorado State 57
- Mar 11, 2016 - Fresno State 64 vs. Colorado State 56
- Mar 02, 2016 - Fresno State 87 vs. Colorado State 73