Florida International @ Charlotte
Current Records: Florida International 11-11; Charlotte 13-8
What to Know
The Charlotte 49ers will be returning home after a three-game road trip. Charlotte and the Florida International Panthers will face off in a Conference USA battle at 7 p.m. ET Thursday at Dale F. Halton Arena. Florida International will be strutting in after a win while the 49ers will be stumbling in from a defeat.
It was close but no cigar for Charlotte as they fell 65-63 to the Rice Owls last Thursday. A silver lining for Charlotte was the play of guard Lu'Cye Patterson, who had 18 points and five assists.
Meanwhile, the Middle Tenn. Blue Raiders typically have all the answers at home, but on Saturday Florida International proved too difficult a challenge. The Panthers beat the Blue Raiders 82-74.
The 49ers are the favorite in this one, with an expected 9-point margin of victory. There could be an interesting gambling play in this one, as they have done quite well against the spread at home this season while Florida International have struggled against the spread on the road.
Charlotte is now 13-8 while Florida International sits at 11-11. A pair of defensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: Charlotte enters the game with only 61.6 points allowed per game on average, good for 16th best in college basketball. On the other end of the spectrum, the Panthers are 39th worst in college basketball in points allowed per game, with 74.3 on average. So the cards are definitely stacked against Florida International.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 7 p.m. ET
- Where: Dale F. Halton Arena -- Charlotte, North Carolina
- TV: ESPN Plus
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $6.60
The 49ers are a big 9-point favorite against the Panthers, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the 49ers as a 9.5-point favorite.
See college basketball picks for every single game, including this one, from SportsLine's advanced computer model. Get picks now.
Charlotte have won seven out of their last 12 games against Florida International.
- Jan 05, 2023 - Florida International 62 vs. Charlotte 60
- Feb 24, 2022 - Charlotte 64 vs. Florida International 55
- Feb 07, 2022 - Charlotte 81 vs. Florida International 68
- Jan 30, 2021 - Charlotte 68 vs. Florida International 65
- Jan 29, 2021 - Charlotte 63 vs. Florida International 55
- Mar 01, 2020 - Florida International 67 vs. Charlotte 52
- Jan 25, 2020 - Charlotte 75 vs. Florida International 49
- Jan 10, 2019 - Florida International 69 vs. Charlotte 66
- Mar 01, 2018 - Florida International 89 vs. Charlotte 83
- Jan 20, 2018 - Florida International 79 vs. Charlotte 59
- Feb 04, 2017 - Charlotte 95 vs. Florida International 80
- Jan 28, 2016 - Charlotte 72 vs. Florida International 69