Hampton @ High Point
Current Records: Hampton 10-17; High Point 13-17
What to Know
Get ready for a Big South battle as the Hampton Pirates and the High Point Panthers will face off at 2 p.m. ET Saturday at Qubein Center. These two teams seek to continue their momentum from their previous wins.
The Campbell Fighting Camels typically have all the answers at home, but on Wednesday Hampton proved too difficult a challenge. The Pirates narrowly escaped with a victory as the team sidled past Campbell 68-66.
Meanwhile, High Point took their contest against the North Carolina A&T Aggies on Wednesday by a conclusive 78-58 score.
Hampton is expected to lose this next one by 7.5. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread, however, as they are currently on a three-game streak of ATS wins.
The wins brought Hampton up to 10-17 and the Panthers to 13-17. With back-to-back wins few and far between for both teams -- the Pirates are 2-6 after wins, High Point 3-8 this year -- a win will be a boon for either squad.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
- Where: Qubein Center -- High Point, North Carolina
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Panthers are a big 7.5-point favorite against the Pirates, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 7.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
High Point have won four out of their last six games against Hampton.
- Jan 22, 2022 - Hampton 68 vs. High Point 64
- Feb 08, 2021 - Hampton 76 vs. High Point 71
- Feb 07, 2021 - High Point 72 vs. Hampton 58
- Feb 06, 2020 - High Point 88 vs. Hampton 85
- Feb 16, 2019 - High Point 86 vs. Hampton 81
- Feb 02, 2019 - High Point 85 vs. Hampton 69