Navy @ Colgate
Regular Season Records: Navy 21-10; Colgate 22-11
What to Know
The Colgate Raiders are 10-3 against the Navy Midshipmen since January of 2016, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Wednesday. Colgate and Navy are set to clash at 7:30 p.m. ET March 9 at Cotterell Court in the fourth round of the Patriot League Conference Tourney. The Raiders are out to keep their 12-game home win streak alive.
Colgate made easy work of the Lehigh Mountain Hawks on Sunday and carried off an 81-61 victory. Guard Tucker Richardson and center Jeff Woodward were among the main playmakers for Colgate as the former had 16 points along with six rebounds and the latter had 11 points and five assists in addition to seven boards and three blocks.
Meanwhile, Navy earned some more postseason success in their contest on Sunday. They secured an 85-80 W over the Boston University Terriers. The Midshipmen can attribute much of their success to guard Greg Summers, who had 21 points and five assists in addition to six rebounds.
The Raiders are the favorite in this one, with an expected 6.5-point margin of victory. They are currently two-for-two against the spread in their most recent games, a trend bettors might want to take into account.
A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Colgate comes into the game boasting the 30th highest field goal percentage in college basketball at 47.50%. But the Midshipmen have been holding their opponents to a field goal percentage of 40.30%, which places them 34th in college basketball. These opposing strengths should make for an exciting matchup.
How To Watch
- When: Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Cotterell Court -- Hamilton, New York
- TV: CBS Sports Network
- Live Stream: CBSSports.com or fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Watch on your Phone: CBS Sports App
- Watch on Connected TV: CBS Sports App on Roku and Fire TV
The Raiders are a solid 6.5-point favorite against the Midshipmen, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 6.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Colgate have won ten out of their last 13 games against Navy.
- Feb 26, 2022 - Colgate 74 vs. Navy 69
- Jan 13, 2022 - Colgate 69 vs. Navy 50
- Feb 08, 2020 - Colgate 67 vs. Navy 60
- Jan 11, 2020 - Colgate 70 vs. Navy 63
- Mar 10, 2019 - Colgate 80 vs. Navy 70
- Feb 23, 2019 - Colgate 93 vs. Navy 71
- Jan 03, 2019 - Navy 72 vs. Colgate 66
- Feb 04, 2018 - Colgate 69 vs. Navy 64
- Jan 08, 2018 - Colgate 70 vs. Navy 62
- Feb 04, 2017 - Colgate 55 vs. Navy 52
- Jan 08, 2017 - Navy 67 vs. Colgate 55
- Feb 06, 2016 - Colgate 58 vs. Navy 55
- Jan 09, 2016 - Navy 71 vs. Colgate 68