Texas A&M safety Antonio Johnson is one of the top prospects, regardless of position, as the college football season comes to an end and we look ahead to the 2023 NFL Draft.
Below is a comprehensive draft profile for Johnson, including his high school and college accolades, scouting report and NFL prospect outlook.
Note: This profile will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Age: 20
- Year: Junior
- Height: 6-3
- Weight: 200
- Hometown: East St. Louis, Illinois
- Interesting fact: Only allowed 228 yards on 62 targets (3.7 average) in 2021, per PFF
Position: No. 1 S | Overall: No. 13
High school: East St. Louis (East St. Louis, Illinois)
Composite Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (0.9650)
- National: 78 | S: 4 | Illinois: 1
High school accolades: All-American Bowl selection
- 2021: First-team All-American (PFF)
- 2021: Second-team All-SEC (Associated Press)
- 2021: Defensive Playmaker Award and Mr. Dependable Skill Award at team banquet
- 2021 (vs. Mississippi State): Career-high 15 tackles
Initial scouting report
"Johnson has great size to go along with an excellent athletic skillset. He communicates shifts and has a quick key and trigger to play downhill. The Illinois native fights through blocks and plays a rugged style of football. In an era where NFL teams value versatility, his ability to cover the slot allows NFL teams to disguise coverage pre-snap." -- CBS Sports NFL Draft analyst Josh Edwards (Aug. 29)