Radford @ Hampton
Current Records: Radford 7-16; Hampton 7-15
What to Know
The Radford Highlanders are 7-2 against the Hampton Pirates since February of 2019, and they'll have a chance to extend that success Saturday. Radford and Hampton will face off in a Big South battle at 5:30 p.m. ET at Hampton Convocation Center. Neither of those teams managed to put together many points in their previous contests, so their meeting could be a low-scoring affair.
The Highlanders came up short against the Winthrop Eagles on Wednesday, falling 58-48.
Meanwhile, the contest between Hampton and the UNC-Asheville Bulldogs on Wednesday was not a total blowout, but with Hampton falling 69-53 on the road, it was darn close to turning into one.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Radford is expected to win a tight contest. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
The losses put Radford at 7-16 and the Pirates at 7-15. A couple offensive numbers to keep in mind before tip-off: The Highlanders are eighth worst in college basketball in points per game, with only 62.4 on average. Hampton has experienced some struggles of their own as they have only been able to knock down 38.70% percent of their shots, which is the 352nd lowest field goal percentage in college basketball. It's possible one of these Achilles' heels will wind up tripping the losing team up.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 5:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Hampton Convocation Center -- Hampton, Virginia
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $45.00
The Highlanders are a slight 2.5-point favorite against the Pirates, according to the latest college basketball odds.
The oddsmakers were right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 2.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Radford have won seven out of their last nine games against Hampton.
- Jan 19, 2022 - Radford 54 vs. Hampton 51
- Mar 01, 2021 - Radford 67 vs. Hampton 52
- Jan 05, 2021 - Radford 76 vs. Hampton 65
- Jan 04, 2021 - Radford 79 vs. Hampton 66
- Mar 06, 2020 - Hampton 86 vs. Radford 78
- Feb 27, 2020 - Radford 81 vs. Hampton 78
- Jan 25, 2020 - Radford 83 vs. Hampton 79
- Feb 23, 2019 - Hampton 74 vs. Radford 71
- Feb 07, 2019 - Radford 101 vs. Hampton 98
Injury Report for HamptonNo Injury Information
Injury Report for Radford
- Keishon Porter: Out (Not Injury Related)